- Exfoliation is not a daily activity. You only need to do this once or twice a week to keep your lips from creases and dryness.
- The easiest lip scrub is the sugar and honey exfoliate.
Have you ever felt like your lips are getting too dry no matter how many times you try to moisturize them? Here is why...
Chapping of lips is just seasonal, it can be a result of either cold or hot weather, dehydration or even frequently licking of lips.
Everyone uses lip balms to keep their lips moisturized, but exfoliating with a homemade lip scrub is just as vital to maintaining them supple and free of dead skin cells.
It is not only simple to manufacture but also a safer alternative to the harsh chemicals in commercially available goods.
Exfoliation is not a daily activity. You only need to do this once or twice a week to keep your lips from creases and dryness. Many manufactured lip scrubs are advertised and recommended on the internet, but with time, they tend to rob your lips of their naturally rosy color.
How to make a lip scrub using sugar and honey:
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons of natural honey
- A few drops of your favourite essential oil; either olive, coconut or sheer butter
- A squeeze of lemon or orange juice
Add the sugar to a clean container
Mix in the honey together with the sugar till it’s completely mixed in
Add your oil of choice and mix
Finish with a squeeze of either lemon or orange juice and combine all the ingredients
After mixing, you should achieve a thick brownish mixture. Apply a small amount to your finger, and gently rub it on your lips.
After 1-2 minutes of gentle rubbing, rinse with warm water.
Finish off by applying a good choice of lip balm.
Do this for at least 2-3 days.