• Bett who also previously served as Buret MP insisted that mass action will disrupt the Kenya’s social and economic stability.
• He added that the Azimio la Umoja One Kenya Alliance had two chances to win the election but lost because they were poorly prepared for the same.
Former Roads minister Franklin Bett now says that the country does not need the anti-government mass action by Azimio leader Raila Odinga.
According to Bett, the former Prime Minister should instead focus on the next election which will be in 2027.
Bett who also previously served as Buret MP insisted that mass action will disrupt Kenya’s social and economic stability.
He added that the Azimio la Umoja One Kenya Alliance had two chances to win the election but lost because they were poorly prepared for the same.
“This thing of mass action is very disruptive socially and economically. Do we need it then? I firmly say, we don’t. At the election, Azimio had the chance to win. Had another opportunity in court. Both got to a cul de sac! Why? Lack of preparedness! Next! prepare for 2027,” Bett said.
His remarks come at the backdrop of calls by Opposition boss Raila Odinga for country-wide mass action, to protest the high cost of living.
This is ahead of the March 20 mega rally in Nairobi.
Since Raila made the calls for mass action, so far several parts of the country have staged protests including Kisumu, Migori, Vihiga, and parts of Nakuru among others.
Before the calls for mass action, Raila had given President William Ruto’s administration a 14-day ultimatum with a set of demands that if he failed to meet, they would take to the streets.
Some of the demands were bringing down the cost of living and stopping the recruitment of IEBC Commissioners.