Skip to main content
January 21, 2019

Results for 22 Naburereya students cancelled as marks finally released

Results of 93 students from St Anthony Naburereya Secondary School had been withheld over suspected irregularities. /BRIAN OJAMAA
Results of 93 students from St Anthony Naburereya Secondary School had been withheld over suspected irregularities. /BRIAN OJAMAA

Knec on Friday finally released the results of the 93 students who sat their 2018 KCSE exam at St Anthony Naburereya Secondary School in Bumula subcounty, Bungoma county.

The Kenya National Examination Council released the results of 71 students and cancelled 22 of them.

The results had been withheld following Knec's concerns of irregularities.

KCSE results were announced on December 21.

"The 22 students whose results were cancelled will have to redo this year’s examination .We have already guided and counselled them and they are good to go," principal Irene Otsiula said.

The 93 students had complained about the delay in releasing their results, with their parents saying some had become depressed.

Otsiula said 13 students qualify for direct entry to public universities.

Students with C+ and above qualify for admission to public institutions.

Click here for the latest political news

Poll of the day