Education officials in Elgeyo Marakwet are on high alert following KCSE exam leakage allegations as police probe a second school head over irregularities.
Kobulwo Secondary School head teacher Stephen Bartoo recorded a statement on Friday in Keiyo North, a day after Moi Kapsowar Girls’ High School principal Dinah Cheruiyot was questioned by police in Kapsowar, Marakwet West.
The two principals are suspected to have received leaked KCSE papers via WhatsApp during the first week of the exam.
But education officials, led by the county director of Education Joseph Wamocho, have defended the principals, saying they did not share the leaked papers.
- Thank you for participating in discussions on The Star, Kenya website. You are welcome to comment and debate issues, however take note that:
- Comments that are abusive; defamatory; obscene; promote or incite violence, terrorism, illegal acts, hate speech, or hatred on the grounds of race, ethnicity, cultural identity, religious belief, disability, gender, identity or sexual orientation, or are otherwise objectionable in the Star’s reasonable discretion shall not be tolerated and will be deleted.
- Comments that contain unwarranted personal abuse will be deleted.
- Strong personal criticism is acceptable if justified by facts and arguments.
- Deviation from points of discussion may lead to deletion of comments.
- Failure to adhere to this policy and guidelines may lead to blocking of offending users. Our moderator’s decision to block offending users is final.