The advertisement of top county jobs in Uasin Gishu, Nandi and Elgeyo Marakwet has set the stage for intense lobbying.
This followed applications by more than 1,500 people after the recruitment of CEC, county directors and chief officers was opened.
Governors Jackson Mandago, Stephen Sang and Alex Tolgos respectively are in the final stages of naming their cabinets.
Tension has also gripped senior officers who have been occupying the top positions due fears that they may be dismissed.
Sources indicated that Mandago is due to name his cabinet in a few days time.
The Uasin Gishu county boss has disclosed he may sack some of those who served in the last five years.
Tolgos asked the Government Training Institute in Kabarnet to help in the recruitment.
The Baringo-based institution has handed back a list of candidates it feels are most qualified for appointment.
"We will pick the new team based on merit," Tolgos said.
On the proposed cabinet changes in Uasin Gishu, Mandago said: "I will think about my cabinet, but, obviously, I will not retain all my executives or sack all of them.
"However, those who are not performers will definitely have to go."
A source close to the Governor revealed that out of the 10 CECs, only three stand the chance of being retained.
Eldoret Residents Association chairman Richard Kemboi urged Mandago to ensure the cabinet is inclusive.
"We hope the Governor will not renege on his pre-election promise by making all key appointments a preserve of only communities that voted for him."
- Thank you for participating in discussions on The Star, Kenya website. You are welcome to comment and debate issues, however take note that:
- Comments that are abusive; defamatory; obscene; promote or incite violence, terrorism, illegal acts, hate speech, or hatred on the grounds of race, ethnicity, cultural identity, religious belief, disability, gender, identity or sexual orientation, or are otherwise objectionable in the Star’s reasonable discretion shall not be tolerated and will be deleted.
- Comments that contain unwarranted personal abuse will be deleted.
- Strong personal criticism is acceptable if justified by facts and arguments.
- Deviation from points of discussion may lead to deletion of comments.
- Failure to adhere to this policy and guidelines may lead to blocking of offending users. Our moderator’s decision to block offending users is final.