Puff Daddy once asked in a B.I.G. song called Whatâs Beef whether you really want beef. You see, though nothing in hip hop and rap is as exciting as beef, nothing is as bad for business, either.
Rather than appeal to a wide audience, you might just end up alienating even your core audience should you lose (think Meek Mill after Drake bodied him), and you can see why most MCs shy away from beef.
But there are two Kenyan artists who do not give a hoot about your sensibilities and theyâve been going at it for a while now. They decided to end their beef after many years, until the internet decided Khaligraph Jones had bleached, and new round of disses left us all shell-shocked.
As always, Octopizzo sent subliminal disses. He hides his disses in hit songs, kinda like Drake does.
Anyway, I reached out to Khaligraph for a comment on the beef and you can imagine my surprise when he said he has no beef with anyone and even wished Octopizzo well in life, insisting that he is more concerned with making money.
âIn 2013, when I was joining the mainstream market, I put out a track called I run 254. Back then, I was about that beef in life. I have now grown to a point where I have outgrown that bullshit. Octopizzo was releasing a song so he used the hype. He turned into a blogger but I didnât really care cos I am just out here doing my shit,â Khaligraph said.
âOctopizzo is a nigga who is doing his thing. One thing you will never hear is Khaligraph is dissing Octopizzo in 2017. All the best with his music. Iâm out here doing my thing.â
- Thank you for participating in discussions on The Star, Kenya website. You are welcome to comment and debate issues, however take note that:
- Comments that are abusive; defamatory; obscene; promote or incite violence, terrorism, illegal acts, hate speech, or hatred on the grounds of race, ethnicity, cultural identity, religious belief, disability, gender, identity or sexual orientation, or are otherwise objectionable in the Star’s reasonable discretion shall not be tolerated and will be deleted.
- Comments that contain unwarranted personal abuse will be deleted.
- Strong personal criticism is acceptable if justified by facts and arguments.
- Deviation from points of discussion may lead to deletion of comments.
- Failure to adhere to this policy and guidelines may lead to blocking of offending users. Our moderator’s decision to block offending users is final.