A group of integrated IDPs in Nakuru have threatened to boycot the election if the government does not compensate them in seven days.
On Tuesday, they marched from Afraha Stadium to the county commissionerâs office and presented their grievances.
Their chairman Roger Mwai said the government has abandoned them, despite a fund being set up to resettle them in the 2016-17 budget.
âSince we sought shelter from our relatives, the government has neglected us and focussed on resettling those in tents and from Uganda. We also want teh Sh400,000 the other IDPs have received,â Mwai said.
He added, âWe have waited long enough.â
- Thank you for participating in discussions on The Star, Kenya website. You are welcome to comment and debate issues, however take note that:
- Comments that are abusive; defamatory; obscene; promote or incite violence, terrorism, illegal acts, hate speech, or hatred on the grounds of race, ethnicity, cultural identity, religious belief, disability, gender, identity or sexual orientation, or are otherwise objectionable in the Star’s reasonable discretion shall not be tolerated and will be deleted.
- Comments that contain unwarranted personal abuse will be deleted.
- Strong personal criticism is acceptable if justified by facts and arguments.
- Deviation from points of discussion may lead to deletion of comments.
- Failure to adhere to this policy and guidelines may lead to blocking of offending users. Our moderator’s decision to block offending users is final.