Thrift Social 9 installation took place at the rooftop of Privee in Westlands, Nairobi, on Sunday.
The event offered art enthusiasts another opportunity to interact and express their artistic freedom in fashion.
Curators, siblings Velma Rossa and Papa Petit, had encouraged fans to come in the most creative and bold pairs of shoes.
The event was graced by Key South African fashion icon and founder of The Social Market, Maitele Wawe.
Maitele, who is also significant member of the street style crew Fashion Rebels, was not left out of the days intrigues as he brought one of the afternoon's most extraordinary looks.
Sauti Sol Entertainment's Marek Fuchs.
Attendees certainly got styled up in their best sneakers, some even customising their shoes to fit the occasion.
The range of shoes on display at the installation brought about different perspectives of creativity among the revellers.
South African fashion-conscious artiste Muzi turned up the crowd with his awesome music mix on the wheels of steel.
Also on the decks were Kenyan deejays Taio, Mixmaster Lenny and Butchnorman.
See more photos from the event below:
Muzi and Eugene Asike.
Singer Fena Gitu.
Mbeka and Dennis Muriungi.
Barak Jacuzzi, Shappaman and friends.
Revellers at the installation.
- Thank you for participating in discussions on The Star, Kenya website. You are welcome to comment and debate issues, however take note that:
- Comments that are abusive; defamatory; obscene; promote or incite violence, terrorism, illegal acts, hate speech, or hatred on the grounds of race, ethnicity, cultural identity, religious belief, disability, gender, identity or sexual orientation, or are otherwise objectionable in the Star’s reasonable discretion shall not be tolerated and will be deleted.
- Comments that contain unwarranted personal abuse will be deleted.
- Strong personal criticism is acceptable if justified by facts and arguments.
- Deviation from points of discussion may lead to deletion of comments.
- Failure to adhere to this policy and guidelines may lead to blocking of offending users. Our moderator’s decision to block offending users is final.