Boxer and politician Manny Pacquiao, has built over 1,000 houses for poor Philippinos in his home town.
The multi-millionaire boxing champion, who is also a congressman, posted on his Facebook page of the housing project he has put up in the Philippines.
"I'm so happy giving this houses free to my constituents in Sarangani Province from my own pocket more than thousand families are the beneficiaries," he said.
Pacquiao, who is also a born-again Christian, earned millions of dollars from his 'fight of the century' with former boxing champion, Floyd Mayweather, although he lost the bout.
He posted: "As faithful stewards of God's grace in its various forms, each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others".
"I'm still building more because I always believe what the bible says offer hospitality to one another without grumbling."
- Thank you for participating in discussions on The Star, Kenya website. You are welcome to comment and debate issues, however take note that:
- Comments that are abusive; defamatory; obscene; promote or incite violence, terrorism, illegal acts, hate speech, or hatred on the grounds of race, ethnicity, cultural identity, religious belief, disability, gender, identity or sexual orientation, or are otherwise objectionable in the Star’s reasonable discretion shall not be tolerated and will be deleted.
- Comments that contain unwarranted personal abuse will be deleted.
- Strong personal criticism is acceptable if justified by facts and arguments.
- Deviation from points of discussion may lead to deletion of comments.
- Failure to adhere to this policy and guidelines may lead to blocking of offending users. Our moderator’s decision to block offending users is final.