KENYA Airways passengers can now upgrade from economy to business class online at least 36 hours to travel time under a new system.
The airline announced yesterday that it has gone live with an online programme that gives passengers an opportunity to bid for an upgrade to business class.
For the ticket review, passengers booked on any of KQ's scheduled flights on economy class will have to log onto the airline's website – www.kenya-airways.com – to make an offer for a business class seat.
A confirmation email will be sent to the highest bidder for the available seat within 24 hours before check-n to let the passenger know whether their offer was accepted. Unsuccessful upgrades will not be charged.
- Thank you for participating in discussions on The Star, Kenya website. You are welcome to comment and debate issues, however take note that:
- Comments that are abusive; defamatory; obscene; promote or incite violence, terrorism, illegal acts, hate speech, or hatred on the grounds of race, ethnicity, cultural identity, religious belief, disability, gender, identity or sexual orientation, or are otherwise objectionable in the Star’s reasonable discretion shall not be tolerated and will be deleted.
- Comments that contain unwarranted personal abuse will be deleted.
- Strong personal criticism is acceptable if justified by facts and arguments.
- Deviation from points of discussion may lead to deletion of comments.
- Failure to adhere to this policy and guidelines may lead to blocking of offending users. Our moderator’s decision to block offending users is final.