The Nairobi Hospital is ready to put up a Sh2 billion hospital and medical college at the new Machakos city, the county trade and industrialization executive, Dr Sunil Dhal has said.
Dhal said the hospital's chief executive, Dr Cleopa Mailu was excited about the idea.
The hospital was the only institution with a stand during the ground breaking ceremony of the city President Uhuru Kenyatta on Friday. The President toured the stand and was briefed on it's intentions by Dr Mailu.
"This will be an ultra modern medical facility capable of serving the people in the new city and also from outside" Dr Mailu said.
The hospital was among the first institutions to sign agreements with the Machakos county government during an investment conference on May 16 where sh 56 billion was pledged, to date the commitment has reached sh 1.6 trillion.
- Thank you for participating in discussions on The Star, Kenya website. You are welcome to comment and debate issues, however take note that:
- Comments that are abusive; defamatory; obscene; promote or incite violence, terrorism, illegal acts, hate speech, or hatred on the grounds of race, ethnicity, cultural identity, religious belief, disability, gender, identity or sexual orientation, or are otherwise objectionable in the Star’s reasonable discretion shall not be tolerated and will be deleted.
- Comments that contain unwarranted personal abuse will be deleted.
- Strong personal criticism is acceptable if justified by facts and arguments.
- Deviation from points of discussion may lead to deletion of comments.
- Failure to adhere to this policy and guidelines may lead to blocking of offending users. Our moderator’s decision to block offending users is final.