Skip to main content
November 19, 2018

MCAs reject Laboso’s third youth executive nominee, two chief officers fail vetting

Deputy speaker of national assembly Joyce Laboso during the ongoing MPs induction retreat at Leisure Lodge on 9th September 2013.Photo Elkana Jacob
Deputy speaker of national assembly Joyce Laboso during the ongoing MPs induction retreat at Leisure Lodge on 9th September 2013.Photo Elkana Jacob

Bomet governor Joyce Laboso’s nominee for Youth executive was on Tuesday rejected for the third time by MCAs.

Two previous nominees had been rejected before Jackline Kirui suffered the same fate during her vetting.

The position has remained vacant since Laboso was sworn in with Trade executive Bernard Ngeno serving in acting capacity.

Cabinet positions were dished out in a manner than ensured the five constituencies got two slots each.

Laboso (pictured) has asked leaders from Bomet East to front a candidate of their choice for nomination.

“You are now at liberty to choose the person you want to fill that position. I have given my best choices but they have been rejected. Go and discuss amongst yourselves and agree,” Laboso said during a recent meeting.

MCAs said Kirui lacked the required experience to lead the docket. She is currently serving as an accountant in the county government.

Two chief officer nominees were also rejected during the afternoon debate. 

Click here for the latest political news

Poll of the day