The government will today begin inspection on the progress of teaching mathematics in Class One and Two in seven counties.
Joint mission officials will inspect schools in several counties, including Taita Taveta, Nandi, Kisumu, Homa Bay, Trans Nzoia, Busia, Laikipia, and Nairobi.
This is under the Kenya Primary Education Development, supported by a grant of Sh8 billion from the Global Partnership for Education.
It is being implemented under the supervision of the World Bank to ensure effectiveness of teaching mathematics in early grades.
The inspection dubbed Classroom Observation, will involve senior education officials and administrators, who will sit in classrooms and note how teachers teach.
- Thank you for participating in discussions on The Star, Kenya website. You are welcome to comment and debate issues, however take note that:
- Comments that are abusive; defamatory; obscene; promote or incite violence, terrorism, illegal acts, hate speech, or hatred on the grounds of race, ethnicity, cultural identity, religious belief, disability, gender, identity or sexual orientation, or are otherwise objectionable in the Star’s reasonable discretion shall not be tolerated and will be deleted.
- Comments that contain unwarranted personal abuse will be deleted.
- Strong personal criticism is acceptable if justified by facts and arguments.
- Deviation from points of discussion may lead to deletion of comments.
- Failure to adhere to this policy and guidelines may lead to blocking of offending users. Our moderator’s decision to block offending users is final.