Kwale county deputy governor Fatuma Achani will today close a powerful delegation of hoteliers who are show casing the county as a global Best beach and tourist destination.
The hoteliers who have participated in the 2018 international tourist industry trade fair exercise at Berlin are Leisure lodge, Leopard beach resort, Diani Reef, Amani Tiwi.
For four years Kwale County’s Diani beach has been voted as the best in the African continent as the best beach destination.
Over 109,000 visitors and 10,000 exhibitors are attending the tourism fair in Berlin.
Through a press released by the county communication department, the Achani said that the county administration is committed to market the dynamic tourism products, improve and strengthen strategic partnerships with tourism trade, reposition the county as more than a beach destination together with our key stakeholders and the ministry of tourism.
“The Berlin tourism expo is a major opportunity for Kwale County to showcase its products. Diani Beach having been voted the best in Africa for four consecutive years has numerous products to showcase,” Achani said on the release dated Tuesday.
The deputy governor said that, the exercise will help potential tourists who have not yet decided which destination they will go therefore showcasing the destinations at the expo is a boost to the county and tourism sector at large.
“Even though some tourists have money for holidays they need to be lured into our destination in Kwale which is a world class destination,” she said.
Achani added that, with the combined efforts from hoteliers and tourism stakeholders from Kwale who are attending the expo, the county is set to benefit hugely from bookings.
- Thank you for participating in discussions on The Star, Kenya website. You are welcome to comment and debate issues, however take note that:
- Comments that are abusive; defamatory; obscene; promote or incite violence, terrorism, illegal acts, hate speech, or hatred on the grounds of race, ethnicity, cultural identity, religious belief, disability, gender, identity or sexual orientation, or are otherwise objectionable in the Star’s reasonable discretion shall not be tolerated and will be deleted.
- Comments that contain unwarranted personal abuse will be deleted.
- Strong personal criticism is acceptable if justified by facts and arguments.
- Deviation from points of discussion may lead to deletion of comments.
- Failure to adhere to this policy and guidelines may lead to blocking of offending users. Our moderator’s decision to block offending users is final.