President Uhuru Kenyatta has chosen Noordin Haji to replace Keriako Tobiko as the Director of Public Prosecution.
The DPP selection panel had shortlisted three applicants including Lucy Kambuni and Jacob Nyakundi.
Noordin is the son of Garissa Senator Yusuf Haji. He has had a career spanning many years at the National Intelligence Service and is currently a senior director.
Uhuru announced his DPP pick via Twitter on Tuesday saying he had also asked the National Assembly to vet Paul Kihara for the position of Attorney General.
Tobiko is now Environment Cabinet Secretary while Githu Muigai resigned as Attorney General other interests.
Uhuru also forwarded the names Harry Kimutai and Alfred Cheruiyot as Principal Secretaries for Livestock and Correctional Services respectively.
Others are Fred Sigor (Irrigation) Jerome Ochieng (ICT), Susan Komen (East African Community) and John Omenge (Mining).
The President further appointed John Musonik as the Chief Administrative Secretary for Petroleum and Mining, Hassan Noor for Sports) and Mohamed Elmi for Environment.
He also nominated Richard Ekai, John Ogango and Wilfred Machage as ambassadors.
- Thank you for participating in discussions on The Star, Kenya website. You are welcome to comment and debate issues, however take note that:
- Comments that are abusive; defamatory; obscene; promote or incite violence, terrorism, illegal acts, hate speech, or hatred on the grounds of race, ethnicity, cultural identity, religious belief, disability, gender, identity or sexual orientation, or are otherwise objectionable in the Star’s reasonable discretion shall not be tolerated and will be deleted.
- Comments that contain unwarranted personal abuse will be deleted.
- Strong personal criticism is acceptable if justified by facts and arguments.
- Deviation from points of discussion may lead to deletion of comments.
- Failure to adhere to this policy and guidelines may lead to blocking of offending users. Our moderator’s decision to block offending users is final.