Two fishermen from Ndeda Island in Bondo subcounty are feared dead after their boat capsized in Lake Victoria yesterday morning.
Collins Onyango and Marcus Opiyo were on their normal fishing expedition when their boat was hit by strong winds and it capsized.
The duo tried to swim and stay afloat, but the tides and winds were too strong.
Ndeda Island Beach Management Unit chairman Joseph Obara confirmed the ill-fated incident.
He said that a search for the two has started.
Separately in Rarieda subcounty, residents of Ndori trading centre found the body of a 32–year-old man dangling on the roof of his house.
North Ramba assistant chief Maurice Omondi said the deceased, Simon Awich, is said to have spent the night with his girlfriend until yesterday morning when he told her that he was tired of taking HIV drugs.
The girlfriend left for work only to find him two hour later hanging with a bed sheet round his neck.
- Thank you for participating in discussions on The Star, Kenya website. You are welcome to comment and debate issues, however take note that:
- Comments that are abusive; defamatory; obscene; promote or incite violence, terrorism, illegal acts, hate speech, or hatred on the grounds of race, ethnicity, cultural identity, religious belief, disability, gender, identity or sexual orientation, or are otherwise objectionable in the Star’s reasonable discretion shall not be tolerated and will be deleted.
- Comments that contain unwarranted personal abuse will be deleted.
- Strong personal criticism is acceptable if justified by facts and arguments.
- Deviation from points of discussion may lead to deletion of comments.
- Failure to adhere to this policy and guidelines may lead to blocking of offending users. Our moderator’s decision to block offending users is final.