Uhuru Kenyatta has eulogised retired President Mwai Kibaki's nephew as a true patriot and nationalist.
David Wokabi was the brother of Laikipia Governor Ndiritu Muriithi.
In his message, the President said Wokabi believed in building strong bonds of friendship among Kenyans irrespective of race, ethnic and religious backgrounds.
He added that the man, who served as patron of various public institutions in Roysambu constituency, Nairobi, was a great grassroots mobiliser who worked to empower people economically.
“He knew and understood my vision and that of Jubilee Party of uniting Kenyans to live together harmoniously. Indeed, he was a bridge that linked Kenyans across the country."
Uhuru further pointed out that Wokabi – who also served as the vice chairman of the Kikuyu Council of Elders – was a role model to many Kenyans whom he served diligently and impartially.
“His accomplishments are a clear demonstration – especially to the youth – that focus, diligence and determination pays. Those who knew him benefited immensely from his selfless leadership and wisdom,” he said.
The President prayed for strength for family and friends.
Former President Mwai Kibaki also sent his condolences to Wokabi's family.
Kibaki eulogised his nephew as a person with integrity, wisdom and keenness to serve others.
"In David, we have lost a respected community leader, entrepreneur and a reliable arbiter at the family front," Kibaki said
The former President said David shared a memorable time with other members of the larger Kibaki family and indeed the community at large.
- Thank you for participating in discussions on The Star, Kenya website. You are welcome to comment and debate issues, however take note that:
- Comments that are abusive; defamatory; obscene; promote or incite violence, terrorism, illegal acts, hate speech, or hatred on the grounds of race, ethnicity, cultural identity, religious belief, disability, gender, identity or sexual orientation, or are otherwise objectionable in the Star’s reasonable discretion shall not be tolerated and will be deleted.
- Comments that contain unwarranted personal abuse will be deleted.
- Strong personal criticism is acceptable if justified by facts and arguments.
- Deviation from points of discussion may lead to deletion of comments.
- Failure to adhere to this policy and guidelines may lead to blocking of offending users. Our moderator’s decision to block offending users is final.