Performance contracts are not meant to harass you, Nyeri Governor Mutahi Kahiga has assured county executives.
He said the signing of the document is commitment to achieve development targets.
They will also promote values and principles of good governance.
Kahiga spoke on Friday after all the 10 executives signed the contracts.
“These contracts cover January to June 2018 and will serve as the benchmark for evaluating the performance of the various executives and their assigned departments in July,” he said.
The performance contracting approach focuses on four key areas – finance and stewardship, good governance, institutional transformation and operations.
Kahiga said the signing of performance contracts with their respective chief officers and directors will be completed in the next one week.
“This system of building our accountability capacity complements others like the 100-day Rapid Results Initiative and are expected to generate significant improvements in entrenching the culture of performance in the service,” he said.
- Thank you for participating in discussions on The Star, Kenya website. You are welcome to comment and debate issues, however take note that:
- Comments that are abusive; defamatory; obscene; promote or incite violence, terrorism, illegal acts, hate speech, or hatred on the grounds of race, ethnicity, cultural identity, religious belief, disability, gender, identity or sexual orientation, or are otherwise objectionable in the Star’s reasonable discretion shall not be tolerated and will be deleted.
- Comments that contain unwarranted personal abuse will be deleted.
- Strong personal criticism is acceptable if justified by facts and arguments.
- Deviation from points of discussion may lead to deletion of comments.
- Failure to adhere to this policy and guidelines may lead to blocking of offending users. Our moderator’s decision to block offending users is final.