The Kenya Cup final have been pushed forward by a week to March 24. This follows a KRU League Committee decision to set aside February 17 as a free weekend to enable any pending fixtures in the Kenya Cup and second tier KRU Championship to take place.
The move will allow the postponed fixture between Resolution Kisii and Strathmore Leos — originally planned for December 9, 2017, take place this weekend in Kisii. However, the third tier, Nationwide League, will not be affected by the fixture changes.
The race for the playoff intensified over the weekend with wins for champions KCB , Homeboyz, Kabras , Impala and Quins to stay in the top five .
KCB the sole unbeaten side in the top tier have 44 points but have two difficulties fixtures to the end of the regular season — against Kabras and Impala.
Homeboyz are placed second on 39 points and will be waiting to pounce on any slip ups by the bankers with matches against minnows Mombasa Sports Club (MSC) and a tricky final tie against Strathmore Leos.
Kabras are third on 38 points and face KCB and Blak Blad with fourth-placed Impala taking on Strathmore Leos and KCB.
Quins, who are fifth on 28 points meet Kisii and Nondies while the race for the final playoff slot could go down to the wire with Strathmore, Nakuru and Nondies in the mix.
Strathmore are currently sixth on 21 points, Nakuru seventh on 18 while Nondies are a point behind at eighth.
Nondies are awaiting their appeal after they were docked 10 points for allegedly fielding ineligible players against Strathmore and Mombasa.
If Nondies win the appeal, they will be right back in the mix for the playoffs.
- Thank you for participating in discussions on The Star, Kenya website. You are welcome to comment and debate issues, however take note that:
- Comments that are abusive; defamatory; obscene; promote or incite violence, terrorism, illegal acts, hate speech, or hatred on the grounds of race, ethnicity, cultural identity, religious belief, disability, gender, identity or sexual orientation, or are otherwise objectionable in the Star’s reasonable discretion shall not be tolerated and will be deleted.
- Comments that contain unwarranted personal abuse will be deleted.
- Strong personal criticism is acceptable if justified by facts and arguments.
- Deviation from points of discussion may lead to deletion of comments.
- Failure to adhere to this policy and guidelines may lead to blocking of offending users. Our moderator’s decision to block offending users is final.