Cotu secretary General Francis Atwoli yesterday dismissed NASA co-principals Kalonzo Musyoka and Musalia Mudavadi as irredeemable cowards for pulling out of Raila Odinga’s swearing-in on Tuesday.
Atwoli said President Uhuru Kenyatta should only dialogue with Raila after Kalonzo, Mudavadi and Bungoma Senator Moses Wetang’ula betrayed Raila by giving his swearing-in a wide berth.
Atwoli said the three are opportunists who can’t take any risks. “I said it in Kisumu in 2007 when Kalonzo ditched Raila and said ‘nitapita katikati yao’. That was a betrayal of social justice because you are a coward and you will never be a leader,” Atwoli said.
“Mudavadi is like a pig that returns to the filth immediately you clean it. These are not leaders, but opportunists. Uhuru should not be afraid of them.” Atwoli said Tuesday was a test for Kenyans “to see some of the political opportunists who would vanish when there is a risk to take”.
He said Uhuru and Raila should solve Kenyans’ problems. Atwoli faulted Uhuru for shutting down mainstream TV stations to prevent the live broadcast of Raila’s oath-taking.
But he said greedy and opportunist leaders should not hijack the dialogue between Uhuru and Raila. The Cotu leader said 100,000 jobs were lost between August and November last year and a national dialogue is necessary to stop further job losses.
- Thank you for participating in discussions on The Star, Kenya website. You are welcome to comment and debate issues, however take note that:
- Comments that are abusive; defamatory; obscene; promote or incite violence, terrorism, illegal acts, hate speech, or hatred on the grounds of race, ethnicity, cultural identity, religious belief, disability, gender, identity or sexual orientation, or are otherwise objectionable in the Star’s reasonable discretion shall not be tolerated and will be deleted.
- Comments that contain unwarranted personal abuse will be deleted.
- Strong personal criticism is acceptable if justified by facts and arguments.
- Deviation from points of discussion may lead to deletion of comments.
- Failure to adhere to this policy and guidelines may lead to blocking of offending users. Our moderator’s decision to block offending users is final.