Two KDF soldiers were killed after their truck run over an Improvised Explosive Device at Handaro, Holugho sub-county, Garissa county on Saturday.
The device is suspected to have been planted by al Shabaab adherents.
Three other soldiers, who tried to jump off the vehicle, were reportedly shot at close range by the suspected militias and were seriously wounded.
A police source said the troops were airlifted to Armed Forces Memorial hospital for treatment on Saturday evening.
- Thank you for participating in discussions on The Star, Kenya website. You are welcome to comment and debate issues, however take note that:
- Comments that are abusive; defamatory; obscene; promote or incite violence, terrorism, illegal acts, hate speech, or hatred on the grounds of race, ethnicity, cultural identity, religious belief, disability, gender, identity or sexual orientation, or are otherwise objectionable in the Star’s reasonable discretion shall not be tolerated and will be deleted.
- Comments that contain unwarranted personal abuse will be deleted.
- Strong personal criticism is acceptable if justified by facts and arguments.
- Deviation from points of discussion may lead to deletion of comments.
- Failure to adhere to this policy and guidelines may lead to blocking of offending users. Our moderator’s decision to block offending users is final.