Skip to main content
March 20, 2018

Case against Saboti MP Amisi’s August poll victory pushed to next Thursday

Saboti MP Caleb Amisi in kitale on October 22/NICHOLAS WAMALWA
Saboti MP Caleb Amisi in kitale on October 22/NICHOLAS WAMALWA

The ruling on an application by a respondent in the petition against Saboti MP Caleb Amisi has been pushed to Thursday next week.

Justice Cecilia Gitua of the High Court in Kitale said the case was expected to continue yesterday after the Christmas break. In December last year, the court received an application by the IEBC to dismiss the petition against Amisi (ODM).

Jonas Kuko(Jubilee) is challenging the election of Amisi. The IEBC, through lawyer Collins Atenga, wants the court to dismiss the case because the results on the petition were not dated and that it doesn’t bear the specific constituency name.

The Saboti lawmaker asked the court to dismiss the case, saying Kuko is a perennial petitioner whose hobby after every election is to complain. Amisi said after losing in 2013 to former MP David Wafula, Kuko petitioned and lost and that has been his trend.

  • Thank you for participating in discussions on The Star, Kenya website. You are welcome to comment and debate issues, however take note that:
  • Comments that are abusive; defamatory; obscene; promote or incite violence, terrorism, illegal acts, hate speech, or hatred on the grounds of race, ethnicity, cultural identity, religious belief, disability, gender, identity or sexual orientation, or are otherwise objectionable in the Star’s  reasonable discretion shall not be tolerated and will be deleted.
  • Comments that contain unwarranted personal abuse will be deleted.
  • Strong personal criticism is acceptable if justified by facts and arguments.
  • Deviation from points of discussion may lead to deletion of comments.
  • Failure to adhere to this policy and guidelines may lead to blocking of offending users. Our moderator’s decision to block offending users is final.
Poll of the day