The Pangani Girls' dream has come true for two orphaned girls in Siaya county who were the best in KCPE examinations.
Twins Pretty Natali and Precious Milan sang and danced with their family and friends after receiving the news at New Hope Academy.
Natali scored 427 marks and Milan 423 marks out of 500. Their school posted a mean score of 333.5.
"The girls have been doing exceptionally well. When our institution was established in 2013, we posted a mean score of 328.5. In 2014 we had 333.2 while in 2015 we had 303," school headmaster Joseph Odwal said on Thursday.
Natali wants to be an electrical engineer and Milan a lawyer.
“I love sciences...that is why I want to be an engineer,” Natali said.
Milan thanked friends, teachers and relatives who supported them after their parents died.
"After the death of our mother, we were forced to relocate to our uncle's home in Ugenya," she said, adding they had to drop out of Ngiya Girls' Boarding Primary School.
Their mothers once taught at Ngiya Girls' Secondary School in the neighbouring Alego/Usonga constituency.
Siaya education director Masibo Kituyi said the region posted good results and that girls dominated top positions in several schools.
- Thank you for participating in discussions on The Star, Kenya website. You are welcome to comment and debate issues, however take note that:
- Comments that are abusive; defamatory; obscene; promote or incite violence, terrorism, illegal acts, hate speech, or hatred on the grounds of race, ethnicity, cultural identity, religious belief, disability, gender, identity or sexual orientation, or are otherwise objectionable in the Star’s reasonable discretion shall not be tolerated and will be deleted.
- Comments that contain unwarranted personal abuse will be deleted.
- Strong personal criticism is acceptable if justified by facts and arguments.
- Deviation from points of discussion may lead to deletion of comments.
- Failure to adhere to this policy and guidelines may lead to blocking of offending users. Our moderator’s decision to block offending users is final.