The police are searching for suspects believed to be linked to the murder of a 45-year-old woman at Gatunguru village in Kiharu constituency, Murang’a county, on Sunday morning.
According to Murang’a OCPD Johnstone Limo (pictured), the deceased, Purity Ireri, was hit on the back of her head with a blunt object.
The assailants then dumped her body near her employer’s house where she had been employed as a casual worker.
Neighbours said they heard screams and found her body lying in a pool of blood.
Ireri is said to have returned to the area from her home in Embu county, where she had sold a parcel of land.
“We are appealing to member of the public to volunteer information that may lead to the arrest and prosecution of the assailants,” Limo said.
He said the police are following leads on a man who used to visit the the victim frequently.
“The case has been taken over by the criminal investigations department and they are obtaining information that will help solve the murder,” Limo noted.
Meanwhile, residents of Ngutu village in Mathioya subcounty were shocked to find three cows hacked with spears and machetes.
The cows, belonging to Susan Mugoiri were found lying in blood.
“We found the cows bleeding with some of their internal organs exposed as we were heading to church. We do not understand why this happened,” said Neighbor Peter Karobia called for a speedy investigation.
- Thank you for participating in discussions on The Star, Kenya website. You are welcome to comment and debate issues, however take note that:
- Comments that are abusive; defamatory; obscene; promote or incite violence, terrorism, illegal acts, hate speech, or hatred on the grounds of race, ethnicity, cultural identity, religious belief, disability, gender, identity or sexual orientation, or are otherwise objectionable in the Star’s reasonable discretion shall not be tolerated and will be deleted.
- Comments that contain unwarranted personal abuse will be deleted.
- Strong personal criticism is acceptable if justified by facts and arguments.
- Deviation from points of discussion may lead to deletion of comments.
- Failure to adhere to this policy and guidelines may lead to blocking of offending users. Our moderator’s decision to block offending users is final.