Busia Governor Sospeter Ojaamong has thanked the Samia community for voting for him during the August 8 election.
He promised to work closely with elected leaders to deliver efficient services. Samia is a Luhya subethnic group. The community resides in Funyula. Ojaamong’s rival Paul Otuoma served as Funyula MP for two terms.
Ojaamong spoke at the burial of Ernest Awori, the brother of former Vice President and Funyula MP Moody Awori.
He eulogised Ernest as a great man, who contributed to community development. Ernest died on September 27 at Nangina Mission Hospital at the age of 81.
“The cruel hand of death robbed the Awori family of a man whose career as an architectural engineer helped transform the housing industry,” Ojaamong said on Saturday.
He also attended the burial of Levis Majale, the brother of former Agenga Nanguba MCA.
- Thank you for participating in discussions on The Star, Kenya website. You are welcome to comment and debate issues, however take note that:
- Comments that are abusive; defamatory; obscene; promote or incite violence, terrorism, illegal acts, hate speech, or hatred on the grounds of race, ethnicity, cultural identity, religious belief, disability, gender, identity or sexual orientation, or are otherwise objectionable in the Star’s reasonable discretion shall not be tolerated and will be deleted.
- Comments that contain unwarranted personal abuse will be deleted.
- Strong personal criticism is acceptable if justified by facts and arguments.
- Deviation from points of discussion may lead to deletion of comments.
- Failure to adhere to this policy and guidelines may lead to blocking of offending users. Our moderator’s decision to block offending users is final.