Elgeyo Marakwet Governor Alex Tolgos has said he wants the county to be corruption-free. He said he is working with the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission to ensure integrity and good governance.
“I will not condone graft. The anti-corruption agency will help us enhance transparency and accountability,” the governor said. He spoke during a visit by top EACC officers at his Iten office.
Tolgos said they are partnering with the agency to cultivate a culture of zero tolerance for corruption. This will ensure prudent use of county funds. EACC North Rift regional manager Willis Wasala urged the county to use resources prudently.
Elgeyo Marakwet has trained 68 county integrity assurance officers.
- Thank you for participating in discussions on The Star, Kenya website. You are welcome to comment and debate issues, however take note that:
- Comments that are abusive; defamatory; obscene; promote or incite violence, terrorism, illegal acts, hate speech, or hatred on the grounds of race, ethnicity, cultural identity, religious belief, disability, gender, identity or sexual orientation, or are otherwise objectionable in the Star’s reasonable discretion shall not be tolerated and will be deleted.
- Comments that contain unwarranted personal abuse will be deleted.
- Strong personal criticism is acceptable if justified by facts and arguments.
- Deviation from points of discussion may lead to deletion of comments.
- Failure to adhere to this policy and guidelines may lead to blocking of offending users. Our moderator’s decision to block offending users is final.