US President Donald Trump's family just got a little more "bigly" with the addition of his ninth grandchild.
The president's son Eric and his 34-year-old wife Lara, who wed in 2014, have announced the birth of their first child, a boy named Eric "Luke" Trump.
Eric Trump, 33, posted a photo on Twitter of the newborn wearing a cap and swaddled in a blanket.
The president tweeted: "Congratulations to Eric & Lara on the birth of their son, Eric 'Luke' Trump this morning!"
Eric's older brother Donald Trump Jr, who has five children, teased his sibling: "Congrats buddy. Welcome to the club. Now that the niceties are out of the way it's older brother revenge for that drum set to my kids."
Ivanka Trump, who has three children with husband and fellow White House adviser Jared Kushner, also congratulated him.
"Welcome to the world, baby boy," she said. "I can't wait to meet you."
- Thank you for participating in discussions on The Star, Kenya website. You are welcome to comment and debate issues, however take note that:
- Comments that are abusive; defamatory; obscene; promote or incite violence, terrorism, illegal acts, hate speech, or hatred on the grounds of race, ethnicity, cultural identity, religious belief, disability, gender, identity or sexual orientation, or are otherwise objectionable in the Star’s reasonable discretion shall not be tolerated and will be deleted.
- Comments that contain unwarranted personal abuse will be deleted.
- Strong personal criticism is acceptable if justified by facts and arguments.
- Deviation from points of discussion may lead to deletion of comments.
- Failure to adhere to this policy and guidelines may lead to blocking of offending users. Our moderator’s decision to block offending users is final.