Trans Nzoia county assembly speaker Joshua Werunga has pledged to work with Governor Patrick Khaemba for the sake of development.
Speaking on Monday after a meeting at the governor’s office, Werunga said needs of Trans Nzoia people are more important than party politics.
He said those hoping he will torment the executive leadership because of different political alignments should forget it. “We need to expedite projects, pass bills and initiate more. Considering all these, you realise we have no space to engage in narrow partisan politics and unnecessary sideshows,” Werunga said.
Khaemba said his government will be inclusive ,regardless of political parties or tribal inclinations.
He attributed stagnant development during his first term to constant bickering by MCAs and sabotage by political parties.
- Thank you for participating in discussions on The Star, Kenya website. You are welcome to comment and debate issues, however take note that:
- Comments that are abusive; defamatory; obscene; promote or incite violence, terrorism, illegal acts, hate speech, or hatred on the grounds of race, ethnicity, cultural identity, religious belief, disability, gender, identity or sexual orientation, or are otherwise objectionable in the Star’s reasonable discretion shall not be tolerated and will be deleted.
- Comments that contain unwarranted personal abuse will be deleted.
- Strong personal criticism is acceptable if justified by facts and arguments.
- Deviation from points of discussion may lead to deletion of comments.
- Failure to adhere to this policy and guidelines may lead to blocking of offending users. Our moderator’s decision to block offending users is final.