Two ODM MPs have dismissed President Uhuru Kenyatta pledge that Jubilee would use its numerical strength to impeach NASA leader Raila Odinga if he gets the top seat.
Ugunja MP Opiyo Wandayi (pictured) and Christopher Karan (Ugenya) said on Monday that Jubilee does not enjoy a super majority in Parliament.
“His threat to impeach Raila, once elected, is nothing but a red herring,” Wandayi, who is the ODM ddirector of political affairs, said.
Karan said if Raila forms the next government, opportunists surrounding Uhuru will swiftly shift their allegiance. Therefore, the impeachment threats are a mirage.
Wandayi said JP does not enjoy the numerical strength in both Houses to ensure a successful impeachment motion.
“He is consoling himself in light of the impending election humiliation,” Wandayi said.
The two leaders spoke separately in Ugunja and Ugenya on Monday. They expressed confidence that Raila would embarrass Uhuru in the presidential rerun ordered by the Supreme Court. Karan said Uhuru’s sustained attacks against Raila was a result of panic.
The MP said the President must remember that his is supposed to a symbol of unity, and reckless remarks might polarise the country.
“He is in a state of confusion, because he knows that he did not win the election and he will lose again on October 17 ,” he added.
Karan asked NASA elected leaders to come out to persuade voters across the country to turn up in large numbers and vote for Raila.
- Thank you for participating in discussions on The Star, Kenya website. You are welcome to comment and debate issues, however take note that:
- Comments that are abusive; defamatory; obscene; promote or incite violence, terrorism, illegal acts, hate speech, or hatred on the grounds of race, ethnicity, cultural identity, religious belief, disability, gender, identity or sexual orientation, or are otherwise objectionable in the Star’s reasonable discretion shall not be tolerated and will be deleted.
- Comments that contain unwarranted personal abuse will be deleted.
- Strong personal criticism is acceptable if justified by facts and arguments.
- Deviation from points of discussion may lead to deletion of comments.
- Failure to adhere to this policy and guidelines may lead to blocking of offending users. Our moderator’s decision to block offending users is final.