Churchill Rawâs comedian and host MC Jessy has not had an easy journey. Jessy, real name Jasper Muthomi, told Word Is the many jobs he had been doing before he became a celebrity.
âAfter finishing school, I came to Nairobi to look for a job, and because I didnât have a place to stay, my classmateâs parents took me in. It was easy for them to accommodate me because their son used to stay at our place when he came to Meru.â
He added, âThey were seven of them and were living at a small house in Kawangware, so we used to sell mandazi every morning. Their mother would tell me to sell five extra mandazis and pay myself with them. During the day, we sold chips mwitu. Thatâs why to date, Iâm a good cook. I know how to chop potatoes for making fries.â
After staying with them for months, Jessy moved on to another friendâs house.
âOne day, I was in town and met up with an old friend. We went to their home in one of the leafy suburbs and I started staying with them. His father was an MP at that time and he saw our friendship with his son. Funny enough, he made me his shamba boy. I used to wash clothes and cook.â
- Thank you for participating in discussions on The Star, Kenya website. You are welcome to comment and debate issues, however take note that:
- Comments that are abusive; defamatory; obscene; promote or incite violence, terrorism, illegal acts, hate speech, or hatred on the grounds of race, ethnicity, cultural identity, religious belief, disability, gender, identity or sexual orientation, or are otherwise objectionable in the Star’s reasonable discretion shall not be tolerated and will be deleted.
- Comments that contain unwarranted personal abuse will be deleted.
- Strong personal criticism is acceptable if justified by facts and arguments.
- Deviation from points of discussion may lead to deletion of comments.
- Failure to adhere to this policy and guidelines may lead to blocking of offending users. Our moderator’s decision to block offending users is final.