President Uhuru Kenyatta has ordered Kitale prison to give Trans Nzoia 159 acres of land for the expansion of the town.
Governor Patrick Khaemba had asked for 1,000 acres.
During campaigns on Saturday, Uhuru said the directive stemmed from his administration's love for the county's people.
"We love you and that's why I have ordered prison land be given to you. By next week you will have it. I want you to experience development like other counties," he said.
The President urged the election of governor candidate Maurice Kakai, whom he said will ensure all of the government's projects in Trans Nzoia are completed.
Khaemba recently accused Jubilee officials of sabotaging development, saying they have denied him the land for the town's expansion.
Uhuru also urged the people to choose Jubilee over NASA as they have overwhelmingly transformed Kenyans' lives.
In his address at Kitale stadium, he pointed out that 95 per cent of homes in Trans Nzoia now have electricity.
On health, Uhuru noted Jubilee has equipped Endebes and Kitale referral hospitals with equipment worth Sh8 million that will enable local provision of ICU services, radiology and dialysis.
"You have more reasons to re-elect Jubilee. Patients in Trans Nzoia will not have to travel to other counties to receive special treatment. You have every thing within your reach."
The Jubilee Party leader further noted they will ensure 250 km of roads in Kitale are tarmacked. He said the tender has been awarded and that work will soon begin.
Noting Trans Nzoia is Kenya's food basket, he promised that from December 2017, the price of fertiliser will reduce from Sh1,800 to Sh1,200 per bag.
"When we came to power the price of fertiliser was Sh2,500 per bag. We reduced it to Sh1,800 [we will reduce it further]."
The President was with leaders including DP William Ruto, Kakamega Governor Ken Lusaka and Water CS Eugene Wamalwa.
Ruto said Opposition leaders are liars and that they will never transform the country.
"The entire NASA team was in government before us yet there is no single project they can account for. They should stop lying to Kenyans," he said.
"They should not ride on the backs and track records of others."
The Deputy President further said Raila Odinga na dhis team have no agenda and that they have nothing to offer Kenyans.
"Their manifesto was written by Anglo Leasing thugs. Raila is a fake Joshua...he will never take Kenyans to Canaan," he said. "We have never read anywhere in the bible that Canaan is flowing with beer."
Ruto urged the people to vote for Jubilee candidates for all positions saying they will only experience development if they work with the government.
NASA brigade have planned to tour the county a few days to election to counter Jubilee's campaigns in the region.
Sources in the campaign coordinating team say the ruling coalition is worried about turnout during their campaigns in the county.
"This is the second time the President has visited the county but the number was not as high as when the Opposition visits," the source said.
- Thank you for participating in discussions on The Star, Kenya website. You are welcome to comment and debate issues, however take note that:
- Comments that are abusive; defamatory; obscene; promote or incite violence, terrorism, illegal acts, hate speech, or hatred on the grounds of race, ethnicity, cultural identity, religious belief, disability, gender, identity or sexual orientation, or are otherwise objectionable in the Star’s reasonable discretion shall not be tolerated and will be deleted.
- Comments that contain unwarranted personal abuse will be deleted.
- Strong personal criticism is acceptable if justified by facts and arguments.
- Deviation from points of discussion may lead to deletion of comments.
- Failure to adhere to this policy and guidelines may lead to blocking of offending users. Our moderator’s decision to block offending users is final.