A 25-year-old woman has been charged with drugging and stealing from a friend in Zimmerman, Nairobi.
Marion Njeri is said to have drugged Simon Mwangi on May 24 before stealing his phone and television worth Sh63,000.
The prosecution said Mwangi went to drink at a club in Githurai 44 when he met Njeri.
They both had drinks until 11pm, after which Njeri asked to spend the night at Mwangi's place.
The man agreed but said as they chatted, he lost track of what was happening and could not remember any of after waking up the next day.
Mwangi said he felf weak that morning and found the two items missing.
He reported the matter to the police who traced Njeri and arrested her.
The woman denied the charges and pleaded for a lenient punishment.
Senior principal magistrate Angelo Kithinji released her on Sh100,000 cash bail in the case that will be heard on September 12.
- Thank you for participating in discussions on The Star, Kenya website. You are welcome to comment and debate issues, however take note that:
- Comments that are abusive; defamatory; obscene; promote or incite violence, terrorism, illegal acts, hate speech, or hatred on the grounds of race, ethnicity, cultural identity, religious belief, disability, gender, identity or sexual orientation, or are otherwise objectionable in the Star’s reasonable discretion shall not be tolerated and will be deleted.
- Comments that contain unwarranted personal abuse will be deleted.
- Strong personal criticism is acceptable if justified by facts and arguments.
- Deviation from points of discussion may lead to deletion of comments.
- Failure to adhere to this policy and guidelines may lead to blocking of offending users. Our moderator’s decision to block offending users is final.