Kenya University Sports Association women’s football defending champions Masinde Muliro University of Science and Technology will be seeking to win a fifth title when they host this year’s edition of the varsity games.
MMUST are co-hosts to the edition alongside Kakamega High, Bukhungu Stadium, Approved School Kakamega, Kakamega Police Line, St. Peter’s Boys Mumias and the Sacred Heart Mukumu Girls.
Akaka Shisoka, a sports tutor at MMUST, said team is well balanced, having experienced players in all departments but is also dotted with new young players.
Shisoka said: “Our team is well constituted, they have had a great training regime and are good to go defend their title.”
He observed that Kenyatta University and University of Eldoret have been their toughest challengers and remain athreat heading into the tournament.
MMUST are grouped together with Co-operative and Pwani universities, KU with Jaramogi Oginga Odinga University of Science and Technology University and Egerton University (Njoro), while UoE is pitted alongside Embu and Mt. Kenya University. Karatina University faces off with University of Nairobi in pool ‘D.’
In men’s football, Dedan Kimathi University will play United States International University - Africa and Rongo University in Pool ‘A’, UoE are pitted against Pwani and Technical University of Kenya Pool ‘B’, KU meet Maasia Mara and Chuka in Pool ‘C’ and MMUST, Co-Operative and Taita Taveta University are in the last pool.
- Thank you for participating in discussions on The Star, Kenya website. You are welcome to comment and debate issues, however take note that:
- Comments that are abusive; defamatory; obscene; promote or incite violence, terrorism, illegal acts, hate speech, or hatred on the grounds of race, ethnicity, cultural identity, religious belief, disability, gender, identity or sexual orientation, or are otherwise objectionable in the Star’s reasonable discretion shall not be tolerated and will be deleted.
- Comments that contain unwarranted personal abuse will be deleted.
- Strong personal criticism is acceptable if justified by facts and arguments.
- Deviation from points of discussion may lead to deletion of comments.
- Failure to adhere to this policy and guidelines may lead to blocking of offending users. Our moderator’s decision to block offending users is final.