The fully kitted and stocked Beyond Zero mobile clinic in Kakamega has been abandoned at the county headquarters and is not being used, Mumias East MP Benjamin Washiali has said.
It was donated by First Lady Margaret Kenyatta in her campaign to reduce maternal and newborn deaths by having mobile clinics in all counties.
Washiali said the truck has medicine and mini x-ray machines. He questioned why the county leaders had not put it to use one year since it was donated.
“It is so unfair that people are dying in the rural villages unattended to because they lack healthcare services when the truck filled with drugs that may expire has been abandoned by the Kakamega county leadership,” Washiali said.
He urged Kakamega Governor Wycliffe Oparanya to donate the truck to Mumias East subcounty “so that I can fuel the truck and set it free to serve the ailing residents in the constituency”.
- Thank you for participating in discussions on The Star, Kenya website. You are welcome to comment and debate issues, however take note that:
- Comments that are abusive; defamatory; obscene; promote or incite violence, terrorism, illegal acts, hate speech, or hatred on the grounds of race, ethnicity, cultural identity, religious belief, disability, gender, identity or sexual orientation, or are otherwise objectionable in the Star’s reasonable discretion shall not be tolerated and will be deleted.
- Comments that contain unwarranted personal abuse will be deleted.
- Strong personal criticism is acceptable if justified by facts and arguments.
- Deviation from points of discussion may lead to deletion of comments.
- Failure to adhere to this policy and guidelines may lead to blocking of offending users. Our moderator’s decision to block offending users is final.