The battle for Narok intensified on Monday as two teams seeking to clinch the county chief seat held parallel rallies.
Governor Samuel Tunai led Jubilee brigade in officially launching his re-election bid at Narok stadium while Narok West MP Patrick Ntutu took his meeting to Suswa in Narok East subcounty.
Ntutu was with members of Chama Cha Mashinani which is led by Bomet Governor Isaac Rutto. Rutto is expected to address the rally.
Narok Deputy Governor Evelyn Aruasa and Governor Samuel Tunai lead a procession to a rally at at Narok stadium, March 20, 2017. /KIPLANGAT KIRUI
Tunai was accompanied by leaders including Kericho Senator Aaron Cheruiyot, Nominated Senator Beatrice Elachi and more thatn 40 MCAs.
Others were MPs Korei ole Lemein (Narok South), Ken Kiloku (Narok East), Gideon Konchellah (Kilgoris), Kimani Ichungwa (Kikuyu), Moses Kuria (Gatundu South), Alice Nganga (Thika Town) and Esther Gathongo (Ruiru).
The Governor's of more than 600 vehicles started in Suswa before and made stop-overs at Duka Moja, Nairegi Enkare junction, Ntulele, Eor Ekule before causing business to come to a stand still in Narok town.
Narok Governor Samuel Tunai during a rally at at Narok stadium where he launched his bid for re-election, March 20, 2017. /KIPLANGAT KIRUI
Tunai's re-election bid comes about three weeks after Ntutu launched his campaign at Oloripik home in Narok West MP.
Among those who attended Ntutu's meeting were Baringo Senator Gideon Moi, Governor Rutto, West Pokot Senator John Lonyangapuo, MPs Johan Ngeno (Emurua Dikirr), Raymond (Rongai),and Kanu secretary general Nick Salat.
- Thank you for participating in discussions on The Star, Kenya website. You are welcome to comment and debate issues, however take note that:
- Comments that are abusive; defamatory; obscene; promote or incite violence, terrorism, illegal acts, hate speech, or hatred on the grounds of race, ethnicity, cultural identity, religious belief, disability, gender, identity or sexual orientation, or are otherwise objectionable in the Star’s reasonable discretion shall not be tolerated and will be deleted.
- Comments that contain unwarranted personal abuse will be deleted.
- Strong personal criticism is acceptable if justified by facts and arguments.
- Deviation from points of discussion may lead to deletion of comments.
- Failure to adhere to this policy and guidelines may lead to blocking of offending users. Our moderator’s decision to block offending users is final.