ODM political affairs secretary Opiyo Wandayi has lashed out at President Uhuru Kenyatta for feigning helplessness in the fight against corruption.
“It was in extreme bad taste for the President to single out the Auditor General for tongue-lashing in public,” he said. Wandayi went on, “As ODM, we are calling on the President to resign before we consider impeaching him.” Th eUgunja MP said the buck stops with the President. He said Uhuru is feigning helplessness to “hoodwink the public”.
“Everyone one knows that with or without the independent institutions or agencies, the war against corruption can never be won without demonstrated political will,” he said. Wandayi said the President has all the intelligence briefing about all mega corruption cases, therefore, he does not need the EACC or the police.
- Thank you for participating in discussions on The Star, Kenya website. You are welcome to comment and debate issues, however take note that:
- Comments that are abusive; defamatory; obscene; promote or incite violence, terrorism, illegal acts, hate speech, or hatred on the grounds of race, ethnicity, cultural identity, religious belief, disability, gender, identity or sexual orientation, or are otherwise objectionable in the Star’s reasonable discretion shall not be tolerated and will be deleted.
- Comments that contain unwarranted personal abuse will be deleted.
- Strong personal criticism is acceptable if justified by facts and arguments.
- Deviation from points of discussion may lead to deletion of comments.
- Failure to adhere to this policy and guidelines may lead to blocking of offending users. Our moderator’s decision to block offending users is final.