The Judicial Service Commission concluded interviews for the post of the Chief Justice on Thursday.
Some 12 candidates were interviewed, in proceedings that were televised to the public.
A notable feature of the interviews was the heated scholarly and strong arguments between law professor Makau Mutua and Attorney General Githu Muigai.
The same was witnessed when Supreme Court Judge Jackton Ojwang' appeared before the panel on the last day.
Others who appeared before the panel are Supreme Court judge Smokin Wanjala, Court of Appeal judges Alnashir Visram, David Maraga, Roselyn Nambuye and former Judge Aaron Ringera.
Also seeking to replace Justice Willy Mutunga are High Court judge Msagha Mbogholi, Nzamba Kitonga, Daniel Wambura and Lucy Wanja.
The JSC panel will take a break of about two weeks before embarking on interviews for the Deputy Chief Justice.
- Thank you for participating in discussions on The Star, Kenya website. You are welcome to comment and debate issues, however take note that:
- Comments that are abusive; defamatory; obscene; promote or incite violence, terrorism, illegal acts, hate speech, or hatred on the grounds of race, ethnicity, cultural identity, religious belief, disability, gender, identity or sexual orientation, or are otherwise objectionable in the Star’s reasonable discretion shall not be tolerated and will be deleted.
- Comments that contain unwarranted personal abuse will be deleted.
- Strong personal criticism is acceptable if justified by facts and arguments.
- Deviation from points of discussion may lead to deletion of comments.
- Failure to adhere to this policy and guidelines may lead to blocking of offending users. Our moderator’s decision to block offending users is final.