THE Women Empowerment Kenya yesterday urged US President Barack Obama to press for withdrawal of Kenyan troops from Somalia for the sake of peace.
Leader Truphena Moraa said: “It beats logic for Kenyans to die at home in terror attacks while the troops are taking care of another country.”
It is long overdue for Kenyan troops to leave Somalia and come back to take care of Kenya,” she said in a press briefing in Nairobi.
The group said citizens are made to believe terror attacks in Kenya are normal.
Moraa said Kenya was peaceful until it invaded Somalia.
“If the former regime had a picture of what could happen after invasion, it would not have dared to [invade Somalia]. For how long will Kenyans bleed in terror attacks?” she said.
- Thank you for participating in discussions on The Star, Kenya website. You are welcome to comment and debate issues, however take note that:
- Comments that are abusive; defamatory; obscene; promote or incite violence, terrorism, illegal acts, hate speech, or hatred on the grounds of race, ethnicity, cultural identity, religious belief, disability, gender, identity or sexual orientation, or are otherwise objectionable in the Star’s reasonable discretion shall not be tolerated and will be deleted.
- Comments that contain unwarranted personal abuse will be deleted.
- Strong personal criticism is acceptable if justified by facts and arguments.
- Deviation from points of discussion may lead to deletion of comments.
- Failure to adhere to this policy and guidelines may lead to blocking of offending users. Our moderator’s decision to block offending users is final.