The friendship blossoming between Karan Johar and Salman Khan has now taken a professional turn. Karan took to Twitter and announced that Salman will play the lead in his upcoming venture, Shhuddhi. "#Shhuddhi will star Salman Khan and will release Diwali 2016… shhuddhimovie," tweeted Karan, on Wednesday.
Karan's upcoming film, which will be directed by Karan Malhotra, has been in the news largely for its casting rumours. Earlier, speculations were rife that the film was offered to Hrithik Roshan, and that he had backed out. Ranveer Singh and Aamir Khan were approached for the film, but apparently nothing worked out.
This will be the first time Salman has appeared in a Karan Johar film as the lead hero. They last worked together around 15 years ago in Kuch Kuch Hota Hai, in which Salman appeared in a small role as Kajol's fiancé. I wasn’t the only one who gasped out loud when Salman Khan suddenly came on the screen as his role in the movie was not something everyone knew of. I suppose in the days before social media and smartphones, such things could be kept secret until the movie was released.
"I am doing Karan Johar's film Shhuddhi, which I would probably start in a while. After Kick, I am going to finish shooting for Sooraj Barjatya's film. Then, I have Kabir Khan's film and Boney Kapoor's No Entry Mein Entry. Following that, I also have Aditya Chopra's Sultan and a film with Mahesh Manjrekar," Salman said in an interview recently.
Salman has been doing city tours to promote his film Kick, which is scheduled to release tomorrow just in time or Eid.
SHE SAID YES!
She may be seldom spotted on screen but Dia Mirza has a lot going on considering that she is very ambitious about taking her home production Born Free Entertainment forward. After Love Breakups Zindagi, Dia and her fiancee Sahil Sangha came up with the Vidya Balan starrer Bobby Jasoos and now after the release of the film, Dia has announced her marriage.
Though the actress was supposed to tie the knot with beau Sahil Sangha last year, Bobby Jasoos became the priority in her life and their wedding was postponed. While throughout the promotions, Dia maintained that her marriage has been shifted to 2015, at the India International Jewellery Week, Dia revealed that she will be tying the knot in October. Dia was the showstopper at the event and she walked the ramp for designer Shobhana. After the event, the actress also stated that they will be preparing for the wedding from next week. She also confirmed that her wedding will take place in India. Sahil and Dia have been dating for almost four years and Sahil proposed to Dia while the two of them were enjoying a trip in New York during IIFA awards earlier this year.
NO CHANGE OF SURNAME OR HYPEHANTED NAME FOR RANI
For the sake of her fans, Rani Mukerji will retain her surname despite being married to Aditya Chopra. In her upcoming film Mardaani, Rani’s name will have her surname, Mukerji and not Chopra.
She confirms, “I am not changing my name to Rani Chopra or Rani Mukerji Chopra. People know me as Rani Mukerji.” And what does hubby Aditya Chopra have to says about the same? Rani speaks, “The kind of person Adi is, he isn’t one to even suggest I do that or have a problem with it. He likes a woman to be independent, someone who has her own individual identity. When we discussed this matter, he was of the same opinion. My fans know me as Rani Mukerji, so even if today I change my surname, they will remember me like that. So, why change? I’d rather be who I am for my fans. Tomorrow, when I have kids and if I need to change it for official or legal issues, I’ll do so then. Otherwise, for my fans and films, it’s going to be Rani Mukerji.”
There you go. No doubts about that anymore eh?
KAPIL SHARMA HAS HIS OWN HATE STORY?
Hate Story 2, an erotic thriller, which is applauded by masses on social sites has been turned down by Kapil Sharma to promote on his show, Comedy nights with Kapil, due to its bold content. Producers were not worried about Kapil’s ‘No’ as the trailer received million of hits and is popular among people. Since going to channels is part of promotional activity and not something unusual.
“They refused to integrate with Hate Story 2 as they felt that the subject of the film was risqué and bold. The film folk were told that CNWK is meant for family audiences, but at the same time Kapil cracks jokes with sexual innuendos on the show.” says a source “As Jay and Surveen are TV actors, the film’s makers felt that it was a good way to promote their show. But they were taken”.
SOUTH AFRICAN BUSINESSMAN SUMMONED IN SAIF’S CASE
A metropolitan magistrate court in Mumbai recently issued summons to the South African businessman and his father-in-law who were allegedly assaulted by Bollywood actor Saif Ali Khan in a local hotel in 2012. "The court has issued summons to the police to serve on witnesses so that they can depose," Public Prosecutor Wajid Sheikh told PTI.
Meanwhile Esplanade magistrate M S Bhodankar today allowed the exemption applications of Mr Khan and his friend Bilal Amrohi in the case. Sheikh had sought bailable warrants against the two accused for their frequent non-appearance. "Though the court did not issue any warrant, it directed their advocates to keep the accused present before the court on the next date of hearing," Sheikh said. The court had on March 13 framed charges against Mr Khan and his two friends under Sections 325 (assault) and 34 (common intention) of the Indian Penal Code. They had pleaded innocent.