•It is often served with naan, rice or a nice salad, and you’ve got yourself a winning chicken dinner for your friends and family.
•Butter chicken is a tender, juicy chicken bathed in a rich garlic butter sauce.
Butter chicken is a tender, juicy chicken bathed in a rich garlic butter sauce.
It is often served with naan, rice or a nice salad, and you’ve got yourself a winning chicken dinner for your friends and family.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1 kg of boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded to an even thickness (4 average-sized breasts)
- 1 to 2 teaspoons of seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Black pepper
- 1/2 cup white wine* or chicken broth, or as necessary
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, or more if you want extra sauce
- 1 tablespoon garlic, finely minced; or to taste
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley, optional for garnishing
In a large pan, add the olive oil, pounded chicken, evenly season with seasoning, salt, pepper, and cook over medium-high heat for 5 minutes. Do not touch, move, or disturb the chicken while it is searing for 5 minutes each side.
For thicker, bigger chicken breasts, sear for 6-7 minutes until golden brown.
Remove chicken from heat and place it on a plate to rest.
Deglaze the same plan by adding wine (or broth) and allowing the liquid to bubble up and steam violently for a few seconds.
Add in the butter and allow it to melt, about 1 minute, stirring continuously until melted.
Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the chicken back into the skillet, flip it around in the garlic butter sauce, and spoon the sauce over the chicken.
Optionally garnish with parsley and serve immediately.