•Avocados – are a good source of healthy fats, vitamins, antioxidants and minerals.
•It is simple to make, tasty and satisfying
A good breakfast is not only packed with carbs or starch but should also be packed with proteins.
Most Kenyans love avocado and would incorporate it with other meals from time to time. But with this new recipe, you might just want to include it in your first meal of the day.
For this method, you can have your eggs four ways; scrambled, fried, boiled or poached to top off your avocado.
It is simple to make, tasty and satisfying.
- Avocados – are a good source of healthy fats, vitamins, antioxidants and minerals.
- Bread – You can use any bread for this recipe but I personally prefer whole grain or brown bread which brings in some goodness
- Seasoning – Salt and pepper
- Vegetable oil (depending on how you cook your egg.
(Optional) In a pan over medium heat, put the slices and heat until a little crunchy.
In a bowl, put the avocado slices and mash with a fork. Season with salt and pepper to your liking
Spread the avocado on the toasted bread
- Slice the boiled eggs
- Fry the eggs
- Scramble your eggs
- Poached egg – crack an egg over boiling (water + vinegar) and cook for 3 minutes or 5 minutes depending on how creamy you want the yolk to be.
Place your egg on the avocado toast and enjoy with a cup of coffee or juice.
Tips for making this recipe
- •Ensure your bread is sturdy enough
- •Make sure you use a ripe avocado for that extra flavour
- •Season your avocado with salt while mashing; you can squeeze half a lemon for that extra flavour.