• As with most great rum drinks, Mojito’s origin is known to be Havana, Cuba.
• A classic mojito is essentially the base cocktail for several fruitier variations such as the passion or garden mojito.
Mojito is the epitome of a refreshing cocktail.
It is a bubbly rum-infused cocktail that marries well with other fruits.
It has tones of sweet yet minty and sparkling taste.
A classic mojito is essentially the base cocktail for several fruitier variations such as the passion or garden mojito.
And as with most great rum drinks, Mojito’s origin is known to be from Havana, Cuba.
The best part is you can basically muddle in any fruit of your choice and curate a cocktail flavour of your choice. The club soda added stretches out the flavour of the cocktail to give it a soft fizz.
As with most cocktails, it’s easy to prepare and doesn’t require a lot of ingredients.
And you can play with the ingredients to suit your taste buds.
- Ice cubes
- Soda water
- 6 mint leaves
- 2 tsps sugar/ syrup
- Fresh lime juice
- White rum
- In a Boston shaker (or a small jug if you don’t have one), muddle limes, mint leaves and sugar (or syrup of choice) in a container.
- Crushing the mint (you can use the end of a rolling pin for this) until pulverized.
- Pour the mixture into a jug and add ice cubes.
- Add rum and stir vigorously for 10 seconds using a long-handled spoon.
- Pour contents into a glass (do not strain) and top with two ounces of club soda.
Stir, garnish with mint leaves and enjoy