- Last week, the DP issued a stern warning to Chiefs from the Mt Kenya saying they must ensure there are no drugs in their areas or they will be the ones to leave.
- On the alleged re-emergence of the Mungiki criminal gang, the DP said the government will not allow its revival to happen.
Deputy President Righathi Gachagua has said the war on illicit brews and bhang in the Mt Kenya region is 70 per cent won.
Speaking during a church service in Thika, Kiambu county, Gachagua said that the government is on full course to ensure the fight on drug abuse is won.
"The war on illicit brew and bhang is 70 per cent won, we are remaining with 30 per cent. There are people who are saying that we will get tired, we are telling them the battle is for the next five years," he said.
On the alleged re-emergence of the Mungiki criminal gang, the DP said the government will not allow its revival to happen.
"That person who is reviving this gang is setting our children to be killed. I want to tell the parents and our leaders to talk to our children not to allow themselves to be misused and set for trouble," he said.
Gachagua added that any attempt to recreate the activities will be met with swift and decisive action within the law.
"There is no way the government can allow that gang to threaten our people, rape our women and young girls, extort money from people and even capture the matatu industry," Gachagua said.
Last week, the DP issued a stern warning to Chiefs from the Mt Kenya region saying they must ensure there are no drugs in their areas or they be the ones to leave.
"The new policy guideline from our government is simple. Drugs and Chiefs cannot coexist in the same location. One has to give way," he said.
He said it is up to the Chiefs to decide who will remain as they are the ones with the reasoning capability and not the drugs.
"These Chiefs know where the drugs are. Even if they pretend not to," he claimed.