•The company says it does this to “give people control over their experience” when using social media platforms.
•The feature offers the option to hide the number of likes from others as well as your own.
After a lot of testing by Facebook and Instagram, the ability to hide the number of likes was officially launched in 2019, and has been rolling out in various countries.
The feature offers the option to hide the number of likes from others as well as your own.
Users get to hide the number of likes their posts receive from the public and choose whether they can see the number of likes for all posts in their feed.
The company says it does this to “give people control over their experience” when using social media platforms.
Here is how to:
How to hide likes on Instagram
- Open the Instagram application
- Head over to your profile section and tap on the settings.
- Select the Privacy option.
- Scroll down until you find the Posts option.
- Enable ‘Hide likes and view counts. This will hide like and view counts from other accounts.
To hide likes from a previous post, here’s what you need to do:
- Select the three dots option on a post.
- Now, you will find the Hide Like Count option. play it To start showing hidden likes, repeat the process and then select the Show Like Count option.
How to hide likes on Facebook
- Open the Facebook app.
- Select the settings and privacy option
- Next, tap on the Settings option.
- Now, simply scroll until you find the Reaction preferences option under the News Feed preference.
- This is where you will find two options: the option to hide likes from others and the option to hide likes on your posts. Choose the one you want and that is it.