•Perfect for a cold season, this vegetable soup is hearty and will definitely keep your soul on fire.
Perfect for a cold season, this vegetable soup is hearty and will definitely keep your soul on fire.
- 250g of potato, peeled and chopped into small cubes
- Cooking oil
- 1 onion, chopped finely
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2 sticks of celery, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 litre of chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 bay leaves
- a couple of sprigs of fresh thyme (or 1 tsp of dried)
- optional: a pinch of chilli flakes
- salt and pepper to season
- fresh chopped parsley
Using a large sufuria, add the onions, garlic and celery. And stir fry for a couple of minutes to soften.
Add a little stock to avoid sticking then stir in the thyme, Bay leaves (plus chilli flakes if using).
Add the potatoes and abit more stock then bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 45 minutes.
Blend half of the vegetables if you like a smooth soup, add in salt and pepper and serve.