This week I was in the mood for something sweet, and these Lemon bars are the perfect treat!
With their flaky base and sweet citrusy middle, not only are they delicious, they are very easy to make! Give them go and let us know what you think.
1 ½ cups all-purpose flour(185 g)
½ cup powdered sugar(60 g)
½ teaspoon salt
¾ cup unsalted butter(165 g)
1 1/2 sticks, cubed, room temperature
3 large eggs
1 egg yolk
1 cup granulated sugar(200 g)
½ cup lemon juice(120 mL)
1 tablespoon lemon zest
¼ cup all-purpose flour(30 g)
1. Preheat the oven to 325˚F (170˚C). Grease a square baking dish.
2. Make the crust: combine the flour, powdered sugar, salt, and butter in a medium bowl, and use your hands to mix until a crumbly dough forms.
3. Transfer the dough to the prepared pan, and use your hands to press it against the bottom and about 1 inch (2 cm) up the sides. Poke the bottom all over with a fork. Bake for 20 minutes, until light golden brown.
4. While the crust is baking, make the lemon filling: In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and egg yolk. Add the granulated sugar, lemon juice, zest, and a pinch of salt, and whisk to combine. Whisk in the flour until justcombined.
5. When the crust is done baking, remove it from the oven. Pour the lemon filling over the crust and carefully return it to the oven for 25 minutes, until the filling no longer jiggles and the center is mostly set.
6. Sprinkle with some powder sugar and enjoy!