Subscribe for more videos: https://bit.ly/2mPyDy3
This week, we are tackling a fish dish, and in my opinion nothing beats a freshly caught trout.
We were able to catch out own fish, and then clean and prepare it for a very simple pan fried recipe that resulted in the most delicious meal that you can make in your own home. And if you don't have access to trout, you can replace it with any other white fish like Tilapia or Snapper.
2 whole trout - gutted and cleaned
1 cup onions
4 cloves garlix
half a cup of rosemary
1 cup of flour
1 tablespoon corriander
1 tablespoon tumeric
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon sea salt
1/2 cup of butter
3 tablespoons of olive oil
1. The first stage is to make sure that your fish is dry by patting it down with some kitchen tissue or a dishcloth. This means that when you are cooking it, you get a crispy skin. This is generally a great tip for pan frying any of your meat.
2. Prepare a dredge for your fish, by combining your flour and dry spices, before coating your fish with it. Make sure you shake of any excess flour, then leave it to rest as you get your pan hot.
3. In a large shallow pan, add your olive oil and a tablespon of butter. When it is hot enough, you now add your onions and garlic then saute until the onions are tender and the garlic has become fragrant.
4. You can now add your fish to the pan and let each side cook for approximately 8 minutes, or until the skin becomes golden brown and crispy. Try not to turn it too much.
5. Once both sides are crispy, add your remaining butter to the pan and once melted, then add your chopped fresh rosemary. Use the mixture to coat the fish and allow it to cook for another 2-3 minutes.
6. Remove from the pan, and garnish your dish with a squeeze of lemon and enjoy.