• The Governor further urged his supporters to stay focused and vigilant to avoid being misled by fake news.
• The social media article read that Kivutha had been seconded to Azimio leader Raila Odinga's presidential team, prompting him to drop his bid.
Makueni Governor Kivutha Kibwana on Thursday dismissed claims that he has quit his senatorial bid.
In a Facebook post, Kibwana shared a letter flagged as fake, in which it indicated he had been seconded to Azimio's presidential campaign, and faulted his competitors for propagating the lies.
"The insinuation in the article is that I have boycotted my senatorial ambitions. This is far from the truth. The truth of the matter is that the merchants of that write-up are agents of my competitors who are running scared as we close in on them," he said.
Kivutha assured his supporters that his name will be on the ballot on August 9.
"For the avoidance of any doubt, my senatorial candidature is intact and solid and Makueni people have shown every support to elect me their senator on August 9," he said.
The Governor further urged his supporters to stay focused and vigilant to avoid being misled by fake news.
"They have already sensed defeat and their only place to hide is in distributing fake news," he added.
The Muungano Party leader reiterated he is still a member of Azimio la Umoja One Kenya Alliance.
"Further, I am strongly in Azimio - One Kenya alliance and focused to mobilize votes for our presidential candidate; Raila Odinga."
The social media article read that Kivutha had been seconded to Raila's presidential team, prompting him to drop his bid.