- This is after the High Court technically declined to stop the planned Azimio protests.
- A businessman, Martin Gitau through Lawyer Adrian Kamotho, had moved to court seeking to stop the mass protests announced by Raila.
Azimio leader Raila Odinga has maintained that the planned protest on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday are on.
In a statement on Monday, Raila said that Kenyans should brace for a game-changing demonstration.
"Starting on Wednesday, be ready for the game-changing Maandamano," Raila said.
This is after the High Court technically declined to stop the planned Azimio protests.
A businessman, Martin Gitau through Lawyer Adrian Kamotho, had moved to court seeking to stop the mass protests announced by Raila.
Justice Lawrence Mugambi directed that the application and petition be filed in the next three days and responses within ten days and set the hearing date for July 21 for further directions.
"Further documentation/replying affidavit by the petitioner be filed and served within 10 days," Justice Mugambi ordered.
Last week, Azimio called on their supporters to the streets to protest from Wednesday to Friday.
"Further to the communication issued yesterday on the Third Wave of peaceful protests scheduled to start on Wednesday next week, and following overwhelming requests from all sectors of the Kenyans public for the need to intensify these demonstrations, the coalition wishes to announce a revision of the calendar," Azimio said in a statement.
"Going forward, the peaceful protests will now be held on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday next week in line with requests from the public to include three days of activity."
However, President William Ruto vowed to stop more violent demonstrations.
Ruto said that he would personally deal with the demonstrations that have been called by the opposition to protest the rising cost of living.