• The ministry said the suspected case reported in Mutomo Kitui on Tuesday also turned negative, same as the case reported in Kilimani, Nairobi.
• Thirteen suspected coronavirus cases have been reported in the country and have all turned out negative.
The government through the Ministry of Health has asked Kenyans to avoid unnecessary travel to countries where cases of Coronavirus have been confirmed.
In a statement released on Wednesday on an update regarding the virus, the ministry said it is on high alert and has heightened surveillance systems at all the entry points.
It said the country has so far investigated 13 suspected cases of the virus which have turned out negative.
The ministry said the suspected case reported in Mutomo Kitui on Tuesday also turned negative, same as the case reported in Kilimani, Nairobi.
A Chinese working with the Synohydro Corporation, which is tarmacking the Kibwezi-Kitui- Mwingi road, was isolated for displaying symptoms similar to those of coronavirus.
Kitui County Chief officer for health and sanitation, Richard Muthoka, confirmed that the Chinese was quarantined at the company’s site at Mutomo trading centre in Kitui South.
The ministry said the two cases did not meet the World Health Organisation criteria.
The government has also procured additional 5,000 Personel Protective Equipment with support from the USAID.
Kenyans have also been asked to remain vigilant as the risk is still high.
The government has also asked Kenyans to avoid close contact with people suffering from acute respiratory infections.
According to WHO, 73,332 cases of coronavirus had been reported by February 18 worldwide with 1870 deaths, majority from mainland China.